Monday, March 29, 2010

Ready For Spring

I am so ready for Spring and warm weather.  When we moved from Tulsa to Midland I had to leave all my house plants with my parents.  They will be bringing them to me at the end of April, but I really wanted some greenery in my house NOW.

Thank you Home Depot for sending me a B1G1 coupon for house plants, thank you Ballard Designs for the inspiration and Thank you to Hobby Lobby for having all the garden items half off last week.  :-)

My inspiration from Ballard Designs


Purchased from Hobby Lobby at half off


What I started with


How it looks now (the dark planters are from Big Lots and the light colored planters are from Hobby Lobby - half off, of course).  I am really happy with the way it turned out.
Thanks for stopping by.

I am linking up to the following, be sure to go check out all the amazing talent. :-)

Beneath My Heart for the Best DIY Projects of March.


  

11 comments:

Carole said...

This really looks nice.

Planting things from H.L. So they sell seeds there now - lol!

cajunsis said...

Looks great! I love spring - miss it so much here. Just thought I missed it in Louisiana ;-)

Unknown said...

That looks fantastic! And it's amazing what a pop of greenery can add to a space.

Molly said...

That looks like it could have come right out of Ballard Designs. So stinkin cute! Nicely done!

Gail said...

I LOVE that! So pretty. Thanks for stopping by my 'room'!

Kelli @ WhimsiKel said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment! I had fun looking around your blog, and now I want to pull out my stamps and make some cards! :)

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

It looks great and what fabulous built-ins you have!

Kristen Andrews said...

love them, very nice!

Leanne said...

It looks beautiful. You did an incredible job. Thanks for coming by for a visit.

Laurie in SC said...

Great job on your fireplace "vignette." Love the columns. I think I have a couple of these in the attic from back in the early 90s! They will need some paint treatment, however - ha! Doesn't everything? Come see me sometime at sceneofthegrime.blogspot.com

jerriann said...

Hi, thank you coming by my blog. It is so nice to meet you. I hope that you are happy in Midland. I know the town pretty well. I have never lived there but I lived in a small town about an hour away. My daughter lives there and I was there this weekend.

And I want to tell you that your crafts are really good. I am inspire.

Welcome to Texas, I'm sure leaving Tulsa was hard but west Texas just may grow on ya.