Saturday, October 18, 2008
I have been checking out all the cute pizza box creations over on Split Coast and thought I would give it a try myself. I found the template for the pizza box on Mary Fish’s blog and decided to fill my Pizza Box with a set of note cards for my mom. The finished size of the pizza box is 4 x 4, so I made my note cards 3.75 x 3.75. I also wanted to include coordinating envelopes; however I could not find an envelope template for my odd sized note cards… so I made my own. It was really quite easy. I made sure each envelope could be made from a 6x6 sheet of paper so that I could get 4 envelopes from a 12 x12 sheet. I decided my note cards would have my mom’s initial on them, so I used the DIY Monogram Stamper Kit from JustRite Stamps. I stamped the monogram in brown ink to coordinate with my papers. I wanted the top of my pizza box to have a round stamp to coordinate with the round monogram stamp on the note cards. I found some cute round stamps somewhere online (I don’t remember where now) that had various themes… Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, etc… but none that said what I wanted and they were a bit smaller than I wanted as well, so I decided to create my own. The finished size is 2.5 x 2.5 inches (although you can resize it), the font is Scriptina and I printed it in brown ink to coordinate with everything else. It is die cut with Quikutz cookie cutter scallop dies, then I used the coluzzle for the pink and blue circles. I really wanted to add some bling or pop dots to my note cards, however that would have made them too bulky to fit into my pizza box (I have 12 note cards and 12 envelopes in there), so I decided to add some glitz using my clear star Gelly Roll pen. If you look closely at the note cards you can see the sparkle around the flowers. Now this seemed like a really good idea on the first note card… however, by about the fifth card I was questioning this decision. Of course at this point I was committed so I did finish adding the glitz to all of the note cards. Overall, I think the set turned out okay.
Posted by BLJ Graves Studio at 4:24 PM