Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Birthday Card

We have several birthdays in my family during the months of November and December, so I thought I had better get started on some birthday cards. I used Amy's Friday Sketch #36 for this card... go check out all the cards on her blog, you will be glad you did. :-)

The cupcake is a Sizzix die that I cut out several times and pieced together. I also added some stickles to the icing. I couldn't come up with anything for the three elements in a row on the left side of the sketch, so I used a flourish die cut by Quikutz instead. Thanks for looking.
Cardstock: Bazzill
Paper: DCWV
Accessories: Stickles, crystals from Hobby Lobby, Happy Birthday rub-on unknown, white gel pen
Tools: Sizzix Sizzlits cupcake die, Quikutz flourish die

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh this is sooo SWEET!(sorry) I like the paper you used goes so great with that cupcake! yum

Christine Riley said...

This is adorable, I love it! Such a cheerful and yummy card :) TFS!
Hugs, Christine

AmyR said...

That cupcake rocks - love the color combo and the bling!! Thanks for playing along!! :)

Ann said...

Oh, what a fun card! I love the papers, that yummy cupcake, and of course, the bling! :D

Adriane Kelly Winchester said...

love the flourish and the cupcake!!!