Monday, November 3, 2008

Blue Poinsettia


Every Wednesday, my friend Carole and I meet at our LSS (ScrapHappys) to visit and work on our projects. Last Wednesday I purchased some Pearlescent Watercolors and water brushes while I was there and yesterday I decided to give them a try.

I love the look of blue and silver together and decided that is what I would use on this poinsettia stamp. I stamped the poinsettia twice with Versamark on blue cardstock (Bazzill, I used the smooth side) and embossed them both with silver glitter embossing powder. Next I colored them with the Pearlescent Watercolors, cut them apart and layered them with dimensionals. I used the large square and scallop Nestibilities for the mat and more of the silver glitter embossing powder on the edges of the blue mats. The Pearlescent Watercolors really added a lot of shimmer to the poinsettia… the photo just doesn’t capture it that well. Thanks for looking.


Cardstock: Bazzill (blue), DCWV (white)
Ink: Versamark
Stamp: Magnolia
Accessories: Pearlescent Watercolors, Dimensionals, Stampabilities Silver Glitter Embossing Powder
Tools: Nestabilities Large Scallop Square and Large Classic Square

No comments: